News update January 2018
- There are only 2 places left on Phil's 5 day class in July so please do book ASAP if you would like to come!
- All of Judi's classes are now full – please complete our form to add your name to the waiting list if you were interested in taking one of Judi's classes.
- Sadly due to circumstances beyond our control we have to cancel Jennifer's 5-day workshop in June.
Welcome to the website of the Bath Painting Summer SchoolSummer School 2018 once again takes place at the Bath Literary and Scientific Institute in Queen Square (BRLSI), in the heart of the lovely Georgian city of Bath.
A wet day in Bath, by Phil Hobbs
We are looking forward to return visits by the brilliant tutors, Judi Whitton and Phil Hobbs. Their workshops are:
- Lively, Fresh and Free Watercolours from Judi Whitton, who many will know from her great articles in the Artist Magazine. Two 2-day workshops: 8-9 or 22-23 June. Please note that Judi's classes are now fully booked but you can complete our booking form to go on the list for a space.
- Capturing a Sense of Place in Watercolour from Phil Hobbs. A 5-day workshop: 9-13 July.
Highland scene by Judy Whitton
Review of Phil Hobbs' class from a participant at summer school 2017:
‘I have been to many art classes over the years and this has been one of the most helpful and informative. Although the class concentrated on watercolour, Phil gave instruction for those using different mediums. His approach was encouraging and it was extremely helpful to have a demonstration of how he tackled a complicated street scene, a collection of trees, the denseness of clouds etc. He was prepared to go through any individual artistic problems. I have always got to a certain point in a painting and found a stumbling block which I was unable to solve. Phil helped me to get over this problem. This course was beautifully organised, friendly and held in an attractive Georgian venue. In addition comfortable portable seats were provided for outdoor drawing and painting.’
See comments and photos from previous Summer Schools here.