In its second year, the Bath Painting Summer School for 2017 takes place at the Bath Literary and Scientific Institute in Queen Square (BRLSI), in the heart of the lovely Georgian city of Bath.
We have a wonderful set of workshops, including:
- a 5-day workshop Capturing a Sense of Place in Watercolour from Phil Hobbs (we have taken one of his classes in Venice and it was fantastic!)
- a 2-day workshop entitled Lively, Fresh and Free Watercolours from Judi Whitton, who many will know from her great articles in the Artist Magazine (waiting list for places on this class)
- another fantastic 5-day Watercolour Bootcamp by returning tutor Jane Blundell from Australia
- in response to popular demand, an additional 3-day class Special Effects with Watercolours by Jane Blundell
- as part of our textile summer school Rosi Robinson is giving a 2-day workshop in batik entitled A Painterly Approach to Batik or Capturing the World in Wax and Dye.
Painting Summer School 2018Details of the Painting Summer School for 2018 are yet to be finalised, but we are looking forward to a return visit from the wonderful Judi Whitton, as well as artist and tutor Jennifer Johnson from South Devon.
Some of the work of Phil Hobbs and Judi Whitton below - click images to enlarge
Report from the first painting summer school
We all had the most fantastic time with Jane Blundell's Boot Camp. Jane has a wonderful in depth knowledge of the properties of all the various watercolour paints available. We all learnt an amazing amount about pigments and colour generally, with lots of valuable exercises and some great help with painting and drawing outside. See here for comments from the participants and some images of the workshop. Jane is returning next year to give another boot camp as well as a possible 3 day follow-up class (more info to follow when we have her dates)... lots of us were very keen to take part in this!
An opportunity for outdoor sketching at Jane Blundell's Watercolour Boot Camp